Monday, July 16, 2007

Family Reunion

WARNING!!! THIS IS A LONG POST...

Family Reunion: Often an annual event, a family reunion takes place on a specified day each year for the purpose of keeping an extended family closer together. Some reunions may be held less often.

A typical family reunion will assemble the survivors of grandparents, great-grandparents and up for a meal, some recreation and discussion. The older attendees are generally parents, siblings or first cousins while the youngest could be second, third or fourth cousins.


The 20th Annual MacDaniel, Morris, Sims Family Reunion was a blast. Family from all over the country attended and community was enjoyed by all. A lovely tribue was given to Auntie Fannie and picture of her was on the t-shirts, which I need to get.

Saturday night was family bowling night at the Lightening Strikes Bowling Alley. Here are a few pictures.

My "Favorite Auntie" Minnie Sims Thompson.


















Benita Sims-McClean and her youngest-- Charles. He is too cute!!! Everyone kept asking her what she was feeding that boy! LOL!!!











Brian Sims and his wife Janene









Jule Sims "My Daddy" trying to get his bowl on. You know his nephew's had to clown him and egg on his competitive nature. We had a great time!!!

The little fellow in the orange shirt is William's friend Isaac. He hung out with William and had a good time too. William's cousin treated him just like family too!





I didn't realize how many preachers we had in our family. In fact, Uncle Walter is a preacher and he has two sons that are preachers.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

The Preachers!

Deron MacDaniel (I met him for the first time at the Reunion).











Uncle Walter and CJ Sims. Walter Jr. wasn't there and I didn't get any good pictures of Anthony. I wonder if little CJ is going to be a third generation preacher...

All three are pastors-- in one family!


More pictures!

Anthony's Wife, Dwayne MacDaniel, Felicia Sims, Uncle James MacDaniel, and Erin (looking like her Auntie Benita) Sims.

And more...

Uncle Mac and his wife Sadie, Renee, Marcus, Renee, Daddy, and Sammy.



OK guys! I want some family participation here. I put this blog on hold until the reunion. So you could see how serious I am about this. Some of you have even seen my scrapbooks. So help a sista out.

Please send pictures, updates, stories, anything that I can post to the blog and keep the family updated on. And of course leave comments. Let me know how you feel about the blog. I will post updates once a week. If you have anything you want to share just shoot me an email and I will post it right up. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Love you much!
Adriann

1 comment:

Adriann said...

Deron, Thanks for coming by and visiting! I look forward to getting to know you better.